Help and Community for Users of Uberstudent
Return to UberStudent Home Page
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

All times are UTC

UberStudent Logo Shirt
Hey! You can wear this UberCool UberStudent Logo Shirt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:26 pm 
Established UberStudent User

Hey guys! I recently ran across UberStudent while checking out Ubuntu-based distributions and I couldn't be more thrilled with it. I've been an Ubuntu user for a few years now and this distro is easily my favourite so far. I hate that Ubuntu doesn't allow for much customization without the use of the terminal (I've been trying to get people on Linux for years and this is the thing they're most afraid of), so this distro is a welcome addition to my desktop family.

I'm a college student myself and this distro is extremely helpful with its pre-installed applications and links, so I immediately installed UberStudent and I am trying to convert completely over to it from Ubuntu 14.04 (dual booting right now). I would love to see this distribution in schools everywhere and I am in the process of replacing the operating systems of the computer lab at my workplace with UberStudent as soon as I figure out how guest sessions work. I'm also installing it in custom-built machines and selling them to fellow University students for dirt cheap to make a little money on the side. I will donate a set amount to the project for every UberStudent PC I sell, so woo-hoo for donations!

Can't wait to see how the project progresses and hopefully I can help it get some much-needed publicity! I'm really not sure why this isn't a more popular distribution already, it doesn't seem to be very well-known from what I've seen. Here's to hoping we can change that.

Click Here to Get Inexpensive UberStudent Discs

Click here to get UberStudent discs delivered to your mailbox
Delivered Directly to Your Mailbox!

Click Here to Get Inexpensive UberStudent Discs

Click here to get UberStudent discs delivered to your mailbox
Delivered Directly to Your Mailbox!