Return to UberStudent Home Page
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC

UberStudent Logo Shirt
Hey! You can wear this UberCool UberStudent Logo Shirt

Post subject: Once only warnings
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:02 pm 
UberStudent Forum Helper

I think it might help some people if the once-only warnings in some programs in Uberstudent would have different default behaviour.

I mean the ones like this:
Attachment:
Tutorial once only warning.png
Tutorial once only warning.png [ 48.38 KiB | Viewed 10609 times ]

I saw another one a couple of days ago which was more serious, something about presentation or slide-show software that will not be portable between computers unless one of several rather complex approaches is followed. Sorry, forgot the name of the program.

If I was running the programs to actually start using them on an ongoing basis, then the current settings would be fine.

However, I'm just using the odd free minute to have a look around at what is already installed in Uberstudent. It's a great selection of capable and complex tools, and most people (like me) will not remember complex instructions seen once whilst browsing through the operating system for an overview of "what's in the toolbox".

My suggestion is to allow an option of "Show this again later" or "Not now please", which sets a flag to show the warning again later on.

Thanks for the great work, I really enjoy using Linux now! And that's because Uberstudent helps me to be productive in my varied fields of professional and private interests, not particularly for tertiary education, yet. I still occasionally boot into Windows 7 :oops: and might have to use it for voice recognition/dictation if I get around to it.

Click Here to Get Inexpensive UberStudent Discs

Click here to get UberStudent discs delivered to your mailbox
Delivered Directly to Your Mailbox!