It's this machine, right? Or is it this one?
Did sound work on it before? If so, with which system? Windows? 8? Ubuntu?
In UberStudent, please go to Applications menu > Administration > system Profiler and Benchmark > Generate Report and then tick Devices and then attach the result here in your next post.UPDATE:
See this and this.
Let's please try installing an earlier kernel version.
1. In the notification area (top-right panel) click the Update Manager icon to bring the program up.
2. Please first apply all updates from the Update Manager and reboot.
3. Open the Update Manager again and go to View > Linux kernels
4. Select the 3.13.0-24 (3.13.9) kernel and click the button for "Install the 3.13.0-24 kernel."
5. Once complete, turn off the system (don't just reboot, we need to do a cold start here) and turn it back on.
6. In the grub boot menu, select the "Previous kernels" section (or it may say "Advanced options") for UberStudent and from the sub-menu it brings up boot in to the 3.13.0-24 kernel.
Do you have sound now? Does the touchpad work acceptably?